Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Little "Aggie Adventure"

We decided that it was time to show Grant what being an Aggie was all about, so a couple weekends ago we took a trip up to College Station to do just that. We started off by picking up Uncle Andrew and having lunch at our favorite restaurant, Rosa's Cafe. Next we took a trip to the Campus Bookstore to pick up an Aggie shirt for Grant....we figured since he was going to be on campus that he needed to look the part. Then we set off to explore the A&M University campus. Since Grant loves water we started off with the fountain at the student center.

He loved to walk around the outside of the fountain holding daddy's hand. He even tried to get in a few times! Next, we moved onto the grassier part of campus, walking by all the dorms and classrooms. Since it was a Sunday afternoon, there were not a lot of students on the campus...but there were a lot of squirrels. Grant is completely fascinated by squirrels and loves to chase after them.


Once we pulled Grant away from squirrel watching we decided to introduce him to an Aggie tradition....putting a penny on the foot on the Sul Ross statue for good luck on exams. There were many times that Matthew and I placed pennies on this foot believing it would bring good luck on exams. Sometimes when I really didn't study I would place a quarter! :)


Since everyone was getting hot and tired we finished up our A&M tour with some dorm step climbing and playing in the grass on the Simpson Drill Field.


Grant sure loved walking around the campus! One day he might be walking there as a student!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

How was College Station? I haven't been back in years! According to Steven it has changed A LOT! I can't believe how big Grant is now... lets get together again soon!