Sunday, July 6, 2008

Those first toddling steps.......



Grant took his first real steps yesterday!!!!

"When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble." Proverbs 4:12

The weeks during which Grant was beginning to transition from crawling to taking his first tottering steps were an exciting, excruciating time for everyone involved. While holding onto furniture, Grant improved his coordination and balance. Finally, the moment arrived when he loosen his grip and make the great leap to freedom! He walked around 4-5 steps from Nanny to me in the blink of an eye! We were all so excited! As I began to blog about it tonight I came upon an article that made me think. As wise parents we prepare the path across the floor by removing potential hazards so that our children will not stumble as they begin to walk. As parents we must also, more importantly and purposefully, keep our children's spiritual path safe with practical instructions to prepare them for adulthood.

I can only pray everyday that the Lord guide Matt and I in teaching and keeping Grant on the correct spiritual path to salvation and a relationship with our Lord!

No comments: